Some tires, particularly those experiencing slow leakage, can easily be fixed and re-inflated. Other tires, such as those worn from treading need to be changed. Modica Bros. Tire Center in Beaumont, TX, knows tires in and out and can guide you to the right solution for your car.
Why tire repair service is essential:
Flat tires can induce the rim of the tire to rest on the tire tread or on the ground, possibly triggering in loss of control of the automobile or irrecoverable damage to the tire. One of the most usual causes for a flat tire is piercing of the tire by a sharp object, such as a nail, allowing air to escape. Depending on the dimension of the slit, the tire might deflate slowly or swiftly. When drivers notice these issues, tire repair is easier to implement.
A flat tire may result in the following problems:
- Failing of or damages to the valve stem;
- Permitting air to escape from the valve or creating damage by means of deliberate puncturing
- Rubbing of the tire against the roadway, ripping the tire, or separation of tire and rim by accident with additional objects;
- Extreme wear of the tire tread causing explosive tire failure or permitting roadway debris to tear through it
Some tires, particularly a slow leakage, can easily be fixed and re-inflated; others, particularly those from worn tread, need to be changed.
Here are some simple methods to catch tire issues before they become costly or unsafe. Take a good examination of each tire in a well-lit atmosphere, or come to one of our 10 Southeast locations to have us review them. Examine for unequal tire wear, which may be induced by:
- Excessive or too little air pressure
- Problems with wheel alignment or tire balancing
- Problems with the suspension
- Unequal tire wear might be an indicator that you could have to have your tires rotated
These may imply you require tire repair–quickly. Driving with a flat tire, especially at high speeds, may result in a fatal collision. These problems have the possibility to create a blowout, inducing a loss of control that can easily be incredibly unsafe:
- Splitting or protruding treads or sidewalls that might imply there is wear or a weak point
- Foreign objects that penetrate in to the tire (nails, screws, glass)
- Tread tearing away from the body of the tire